Enjoy the Gim-Crack at DBS
There is no better advert for any sale than the racecourse success of the previous graduates and the DBS Breeze Up Sales (22 – 23 April 2012) has an enviable record of achievement with many of the graduates going on to big race success. These household names include Blaine, winner of the hugely prestigious Group 2 Gimcrack Stakes at York for owners Matt and Lauren Morgan and trainer Kevin Ryan just four months after last year’s sale.
Winning Express is another notable graduate from the 2012 sale after winning the Listed Dick Poole Fillies Stakes at Salisbury and finishing second in the Group 1 Cheveley Park Stakes. She is now being prepared for a Classic campaign by trainer Ed McMahon whilst Lewisham finished second in the Group 2 July Stakes before being sold to race in the Middle East.
These names are added to a long and prestigious roll of honour that includes the likes of Dream Ahead, Kinnaird, Paco Boy, Red Duke, South Central, Speciosa, Prolific, Total Gallery etc. and the DBS team is confident that there will be many more Champions to emerge from this sale as the standard of two-year-old has again improved with the ever enhanced profile of the sale.
The 2013 catalogue includes a number of standout pedigrees that match the well conformed individuals that have become synonymous with this sale and include:
- A Shamardal filly from the immediate family of the Group 1 winning Landseer (1)
- An Invincible Spirit colt out of the Listed placed Lovely Thought (15)
- A Bushranger colt out of the Listed winning Midefix (23)
- An Acclamation half-sister to the Listed placed Damian (24)
- An Aqlaam half-brother to the Group 2 winning Prince Bishop (28)
- A Kheleyf filly out of the Group 3 placed Park Romance (32)
- An Aqlaam colt out the Listed placed Passion Fruit (33)
- A Dutch Art colt out of a half-sister to the Group 2 winning Spacious (49)
- A Bushranger filly out of the Group 3 winning Spanish Falls (63)
- An English Channel colt out of the Group 2 winning Ting A Folie (76)
- A Lawman filly out of the Listed winning Traou Mad (78)
- A Royal Applause colt out of the Listed winning Wagtail (85)
- A Royal Applause half-brother to the Group 3 winning Elnawin (90)
- A Henrythenavigator colt out of the Group 1 winning Brilliance (105)
- An Exceed and Excel colt out of the Listed placed Cliche (114)
- A Danehill Dancer colt out of a half-sister to the Group 3 winning Dietrich (120)
- A Myboycharlie colt out of the Listed placed Empress Jain (125)
- An Oratorio half-sister to the Group 3 winning Crius out of the Group 3 winning Fearless Flyer (129)
- An Invincible Spirit colt out of the Group 1 winning Fraulein (135)
- A Tamayuz half-sister to the Group 3 placed Invincible Force (145)
The list of sires at the 2013 sale is an eclectic mix of established stallions such as Acclamation, Bahamian Bounty, Compton Place, Danehill Dancer, Dark Angel, Dutch Art, Exceed And Excel, Hard Spun, Henrythenavigator, Holy Roman Emperor, Iffraaj, Invincible Spirit, Kheleyf, Kodiac, Kyllachy, Lawman, Royal Applause, Shamardal, Speightstown, Tamayuz, Teofilo etc. alongside first crop sires that include Aqlaam, Art Connoisseur, Bushranger, Captain Gerrard, Champs Elysees, Dandy Man, Intense Focus, Myboycharlie etc. and help to provide everything required for a Premier League Breeze Up Sale.
On publication of the DBS Premier Sales catalogue, DBS Managing Director Henry Beeby said:
‘Blaine has been a fine advert for this sale in 2012 and follows in the footsteps of some top class horses but he is also a wonderful advert for the Breeze Up concept as this ready to run colt won his Maiden at the first attempt just two months after the sale before winning the Gimcrack Stakes a further two months later.
Any DBS sale is about fun as well as big race success and the fact that a hugely exciting two day sale can result in top class winners can only be achieved with the expert preparation of a professional group of Breeze Up vendors. This year we have chosen to zone in on quality which has resulted in a smaller catalogue than recent years but we are supremely confident that the two year olds catalogued are as good as ever -– both physically and the pedigrees that they bring with them – leaving the DBS team confident that the success of the previous graduates and the standard of horses on offer will encourage all of the major purchasers to buy at a sale that is a regular source of Group 1 success.
Click here to view the catalogue